Junction City Local Aid provides basic needs assistance to low-income neighbors living in the Junction City School District area.
Monthly Emergency Food & weekly access to food and staples
- We receive approximately 12,000 pounds of food from FOOD for Lane County each month
- We receive local donations via food drives, individuals, church and service groups, and others
- Food purchased with donated funds
Energy Assistance for Past-Due Utility Bills
- We work with local area utility companies: EPUD(Helping Hands), Pacific Power, Blachly-Lane, and the City of Junction City
- Propane Vouchers for people living in trailers, motor-homes, barns, cars, or in other circumstances where they are heating or cooking with propane
- We currently provide up to $100 per household per calendar year in energy assistance, as funds allow.
Assistance with Medical Needs, Prescription Drugs, & Supplies
- We provide vouchers for prescription and non-prescription medicine usable at a local merchant.
- In cooperation with Junction City School District, we provide vouchers for families referred by the school nurse for non-prescription medicines for coughs and colds
- Provide lice treatment kits
- We currently provide up to $100 per household per calendar year in prescription and medical assistance, as funds allow.
Information and referrals to other services and sources of assistance in our community.
- Bus tokens (Lane Transit District), to enable clients to get to doctor appointments, job interviews, and other important events in their lives.
Free Clothing Department
- Used clothing and shoes donated by community members and organizations.