Local Aid Volunteers
Thank you! Volunteers are vital to Local Aid’s success. Each month, from 60-70 volunteers log 600 hours working for Local Aid.
We could not operate without the generous time of our many volunteers! We are always in need of those who can give of their time to help our neighbors in need…
- Food Pantry Volunteers assist clients in selecting food for emergency food boxes. No heavy lifting is required, just a friendly manner, good customer service skills, and the ability to help people make selections within our guidelines. Food Pantry is open Tuesdays 9 am – 1 pm; Wednesdays 9 am – 12 pm; Thursdays 3 pm – 8 pm; and the last Saturday of the month from 10 am – 12 pm.
- Client Reception Volunteers work in our front office, receiving clients and assisting them in applying for help or signing up for current services
- Stock and Storage Volunteers help keep pantry shelves stocked, store food in the storage areas, repackage bulk foods and do other tasks to help keep the pantry clean and functional. Some lifting is required for this kind of work.
- Warehouse volunteers help unpack, sort, and keep our warehouse inventory coordinated and maintained.
- Fundraising & Administration volunteers are always welcome too!
- Board members!
For questions about volunteering, call 541.998.3992 or email us here.
You can also find our volunteer application and release here.
Please complete and mail to P.O. Box 493, Junction City or bring by during business hours. You can also fax your completed form to: 541.998.3562